(The recruitment of foreigners refers to the above regulations.）
To further standardize the employment of visiting professor, advisory professor and part-time teacher in our university, guarantee the quality and seriousness of this work, introduce intellectual resources, promote the development of disciplines, expand academic exchange, and improve the efficiency in running school, the provisions are formulated according to the actual situation of our university.
A. The Basic Requirements of Visiting Professor, Advisory Professor and Part-time Teacher
1. The employed teacher must have a relatively high academic level, and his/her specialty and scientific research work should match the disciplines in our university.
2. The employed teacher is willing to undertake the specific tasks.
3. The employed visiting professor and advisory professor must have the competency and qualifications of the senior professional positions, or have been employed as senior professional positions in the previous work unit. Their academic standard should not only reach the international level or domestic leading level but also enjoy a high publicity. The visiting professor should commonly be foreign professor or expert with advanced academic attainments.
4. Part-time teacher must have the competency and qualifications of professional positions with the same level as those positions of the teachers in our university, or has been employed as the professional positions with the same level in the previous work unit.
B. Responsibilities of Visiting Professor, Advisory Professor and Part-time Teacher
Visiting professor and advisory professor should help to expand the influence of our university at home and abroad, provide advisory services for the development and construction of the disciplines in our university, and hold academic exchange activities with our university on a regular base.
The employed part-time teacher should have a clear mission, and his/her responsibilities should meet at least one of the following requirements.
1. Able to open a course in shortage of teachers in our university.
2. Can jointly train graduates with the disciplines in shortage in our university.
3. Can cooperate with our university to do scientific research, contribute to our university to apply for scientific research projects at home and abroad, and conduct scientific research work.
4. Can undertake other tasks with relatively large influence on the development of our university.
C. Recruitment Procedures of Visiting Professor, Advisory Professor and Part-time Teacher
1. The department which needs to recruit visiting professor, advisory professor and part-time teacher fills in The Approval Form of Recruiting Visiting Professor, Advisory Professor and Part-time Teacher of Shanghai Ocean University according to the above-mentioned requirements, provides the materials which can prove the applicant’s education experience, degree, professional position and academic level, organizes experts to review the materials and comment, and finally reports to the Personnel Department of the university.
2. The Personnel Department of the university makes qualification examination of the applicant. If the applicant is a foreigner, it should be reported to the President’s Office for examination. If the examination passed, it should be reported to the university leader for examination and approval.
3. The employment of visiting professor should be submitted to Shanghai Municipal Education Commission for examination and approval.
4. After the recruitment application is approved, the Personnel Department takes charge of the employment procedures, the signature of employment contract(in the case of part-time teacher), and the issuance of letter of appointment (in the case of visiting professor and advisory professor）；
5. The term of contract of visiting professor and advisory professor is normally five years while the term of contract of part-time teacher depends on his/her task, which generally does not exceed 3 years. After the expiry of the term of contract, if necessary, it can be renewed, but it must go through the renewal procedures.
D. The Assessment of Visiting Professor, Advisory Professor and Part-time Teacher
The department concerned should report the performance of the employed visiting professor and advisory professor in our university to the Personnel Department for record before December 31 each year. If there are no academic exchange activities with our university for two consecutive years, the employment position will be automatically terminated. The management of part-time teacher is integrated with the management of the teachers in our university. The employment department makes assessment on part-time teacher based on the designated tasks. The assessment result should be report to the Personnel Department and will be recorded in the file established for him/her by the university.
E. The Salary of Visiting Professor, Advisory Professor and Part-time Teacher
The salary of visiting professor and advisory professor shall be borne by the employment department or college in accordance with the range of activities he/she holds in our university.
The salary of part-time teacher is decided and borne by the employment department based on the task by reference to the salary of the similar personnel in the department. The part of salary higher than the standard is borne by the university after examined and approved by relevant functional departments.
F. The recruitment of other part-time professional and technical personnel refers to the relevant provisions on the recruitment of part-time teacher.
G. The provisions come into effect from the date of release. The part-time professors who were employed by the departments concerned before the release of the provisions should be integrated with the management of the corresponding personnel in accordance with the above provisions.