1. Foreign experts specialized in culture and education (foreign teacher) refers to the foreign personnel who have a bachelor degree or above and relevant working experience of more than 5 years applies for engagement in the field of education, scientific research, press, publication, culture, arts, hygiene, physical science, etc in Shanghai. Language teachers should have a bachelor degree or above and relevant working experience of more than 2 years, or hold an internationally recognized teacher certificate.
2. The recruitment department is responsible for the selection, daily management and evaluation of the foreign experts.
3. At the end of each semester, the recruitment department should apply the number of experts to be recruited, positions, wages, etc in the next semester to the university through the administrative office system. If approved, the recruitment department should contact the experts to be recruited through various kinds of channels so as to get to know each other, and introduce our university’s requirements for the working positions and treatment to the experts to be recruited. At the same time, the recruitment department should also check the qualifications of the experts, and determine the proper candidate after both parties are satisfied with each other.
4. The recruitment department reports the expert candidate to the university through the administrative office system. If approved, the experts can be employed officially. The recruitment list should be sent to the Personnel Department by the Foreign Affairs Division for the record.
5. Each recruitment department should arrange a specially-assigned staff as the expert’s contact, who reports the related information to the leader of the department and the Foreign Affairs Division
6. After the expert arrives in Shanghai, the contact is responsible for assisting him/her to go to the local police station of the residence and apply for the accommodation proof.
7. The recruitment department is responsible for providing the following materials of the expert to be recruited to the Foreign Affairs Division of the university: Photocopy of passport, employment contract, resume (Chinese translation), photocopies of the highest degree certificate or qualification certificate, a letter of recommendation from the previous employer, basic information of the accompanying family members, application letter, medical examination report, residence permit, photos, and recruitment application report and so on. The Foreign Affairs Division sends the materials to the university and higher authorities for examination and approval, and applies for Foreign Expert Certificate and Residence Permit for the foreign expert to be recruited.
8. If the employed expert leaves Shanghai on vacation during the holidays, the contact should report it to the Foreign Affairs Division of the university in advance. If the expert does not go to class for no reason, the contact should be timely to report it to the Foreign Affairs Division
9. The employment department is responsible for the management of the expert’s teaching and scientific research while the Foreign Affairs Division is responsible for the management and service in other aspects. The employment department should provide necessary assistance.
10. The recruitment of the foreign experts involved in Chinese-foreign cooperation in running schools should refer to this method, and the specific operational procedures shall be formulated separately.